Renewed contract and already disappointed.
BCD100
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm extremely disappointed with FIOS service. The last 4 months have been absolutely frustrating. I've had a number of issues including outages, slow internet, and significant over charges on my bill. Each time I call I feel like I need to be a lawyer and have all my proof that it's Verizon's issue. Even when I prove that it's an issue I need to convince the representative to issue me a credit. I've had boxes deliver to my home that I didn't order, I've been charged for modem that the representative has told me to throw away, I've waited on hold for at least 30 minutes each time I've called, dealt with people that I cannot clearly understand, argued with supervisors, and the list goes on. All of this for "home entertainment". Today was the final straw when I was advised a network issue is a result of my HBO GO application not working. I waited for 30 minutes to talk with tech support and they advised me the network could be down for another 22 hours. 24 hour outage for one of the largest technology corporations in America? The tech support agent transferred me to a customer service associate who informed me that credits are only applied to the account for outages that are at least 48 hours. So I'm expecting to pay for a non-working service for one day but only expected to get refunded if my service is out for two days. Also my time is not as valuable to Verizon considering they don't mind me spending my time to wait on hold because they are not properly staffed to answer the phone. Instead of investing all of the money into the automated system which does not understand normal human communication Verizon could take that money, hire real people, and satisfy their customers. All I want is service that works and if it does not work I want to talk to someone who can help troubleshoot and solve the problem. After doing some research, Verizon's prices aren't even that impressive. I've had Time Warner come to my house multiple times this year and offer me gift cards, free premium channels, upgraded internet, and they will waive the installation. I've been a FIOS customer for 3 years and a Wireless customer for 10 years and am working diligently to sign another contract with a service provider within the next 3 weeks to get out of the new 2 year service agreement I agreed to last week.

Re: Renewed contract and already disappointed.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BCD100,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Renewed contract and already disappointed.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

BCD100,

We never heard back from you & so went ahead and closed the private support case.  If you still need assistance, please create a new post.

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes