Repair Problem
RedRock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly I don't know how Verizon repair scheduling ever works.  Our FIOS service hasn't displayed program information/media guide information since 13 FEB <Yes I even know why>.  On or about 18 FEB I went through the online repair process.  A repair order was entered and scheduled for today 26 FEB Sunday.  I was told it's an all-day appointment.  I've not been contacted in any way to see if Verizon will keep today's appointment.  Frankly, Verizon's repair process is quite frustrating to me because I've been through a number of orders/repairs starting in July 2011 with multiple iterations of attempts at scheduling appointments.  Until I was given a phone number that I could call where an actual person answered it on the first ring who clearly knew what they are doing in scheduling technician visits, I had no success in getting anyone to the house at the agreed-upon date and time.  Of note, often Verizon reschedules service appointments at their own preference without telling the customer until they call to find out why no one shows up.

I have the email address and phone number for the "Supervisor" that is apparently responsible for our area here in Ashburn. I've emailed him directly as well as left a voice mail.  I also have the direct cel numbers for two techs that work our area.  No response yet.

Here's my impression:  the customer (for example, myself) is at a serious disadvantage in playing the Verizon repair or order installation scheduling game.  Why?  Because it's like dealing with a big mindless bureaucracy, a colossal gelatinous juddering blob with different huge parts jutting off of it that are each focused on mindlessly and endlessly executing orthogonal rule sets, while being certain that the various parts never integrate actions or even communicate in any way.  So every time I try to schedule an order or repair it literally takes weeks to resolve because there is zero effective follow up.  It is extremely frustrating to have to start completely over each time I deal with Verizon to try to find out why no one shows up as agreed.

My time is important to me because I have to work during the week.  Therefore if I schedule an appointment I expect it will be kept or at the very least I will be contacted.  The result every time:  nothing.  I'm mystified why an allegedly service-oriented organization such as Verizon operates in this manner.  Who cares?  No one is the message I get loud and clear.

I can only assume this dysfunctional engagement with the Verizon order/repair scheduling process is common to all.

Anyone have similar experiences? 

I have a VADQ number but no one is acting on it.

Signed

Frustrated and mystified in Ashburn VA

0 Likes
Re: Repair Problem
RedRock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmmm someone from Verizon did call about 10am.  They don't have a technician to service the repair order.  So now it's rescheduled to 04 March Sunday.  I wonder what are the odds?  So far infinite.  What a frustrating process.

0 Likes
RedRock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazing.  After receiving the 10am phone call from a Verizon person telling me the 26 FEB repair appointment couldn't be kept, at 2:28pm 26 FEB I received a text message from Verizon telling me the repair would be complete by 8am on 26 FEB.  It appears the pieces jutting out of the juddering colossal gelatinous mass aren't communicating.  Not sure what they were trying to tell me in that text message, other than perhaps someone somewhere doesn't know the whole story.  Least of all the customer.

0 Likes
RedRock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to get some assistance with this repair problem?  Does anyone have any advice?

0 Likes