Replace G3100 with moca adapter
billysworld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Asus is the main router and the G3100 (bridged) from Verizon is used for the MOCA connection only for the STBs.  The G3100 is connected using one the LAN ports into a LAN port on the Asus router.

The ethernet cable from the ONT is connected to the WAN port of the ASUS router.

No issues with on-demand, the guide, dvr services and or using voice commands with the FIOS TV one remote. 

I'm looking to return the rented Verizon Fios router. Can I use a MOCA adapter, the Actiontec ECB6200S02? The coaxial from the ONT would connect to the MOCA adapter and then connect the ethernet to a LAN port of the Asus router.

Do I need to connect another coaxial from the MOCA adapter back to the splitter?

0 Likes
Re: Replace G3100 with moca adapter
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That MoCA adapter should be fine. You would just connect it the same way the the G3100 is now. The LAN from the Asus will connect to the ecb6200 and connect the coax currently connected to the G3100 to the adapter. The coax doesn't go from the ONT directly to the MoCA adapter. The coax from the ONT will connect to a splitter first, then the outs of the splitter will connect to STBs/MoCA adapter. 

billysworld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes there's a splitter that connects the coaxial from the ont. From the splitter it connects to the G3100.

So there's no need to connect the second port of the Actiontec MOCA adapter to the STB, its already connected from the splitter?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@billysworld wrote:

Yes there's a splitter that connects the coaxial from the ont. From the splitter it connects to the G3100.

So there's no need to connect the second port of the Actiontec MOCA adapter to the STB, its already connected from the splitter?

Correct. Keep using the splitter and not the second port of the adapter. Many of those MoCA adapters don't pass MoCA signal on the out port. 

billysworld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the confirmation.

Will update this post once the MoCA adapter is in place