Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Replacement STB had no verizon software installed

failedwordsmith
Contributor
Contributor

Replacement STB had no verizon software installed

Message 1 of 2
(471 Views)

Hi all,

I had an issue with an existing STB that couldn't be fixed, so I was sent a replacement.

When the replacement arrived, I followed the instructions, and requested activation over the phone.

The box boots up to a blue screen with a lot of test data and numbers, and references the factory box settings.  It looks like an old computer monitor.  I am receiving channels and everything, but I have no access to the Verizon menus, or OnDemand.  I can access the factory menus for the box, which are unstyled, and very old-school looking.

It's almost as if there was never any Verizon software on the box.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I got on the line with Verizon support, and they were convinced I was looking at my TV's menu, not the box's menu.

Can Verizon flash me a new software image, or do you think I need a new replacement?

Thanks,

Tom

1 REPLY 1
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Replacement STB had no verizon software installed

Message 2 of 2
(414 Views)

If there is nothing wrong with the box it can have its software reloaded.   Best Call VERIZON at 1-800-Verizon.

For less serious problems you may be able to get it to reset following http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/receivers/troubleshooting/questionsone/84875.ht... 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.