Replacing STB for DVR
adrianvfx
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I upgraded my internet plan 2 months ago I decided to add FIOS TV Package. The lady told me I would be getting a STB, well it turned out to be a non HD stb, so I had to get one for 9.99. Now my question is... I want to replace this STB with another HD STB and or HD DVR. I found some decently priced verizon fios models online, and want to switch it out. Is this possible?

I noticed I would need an activiation code etc.... How would I get such a thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacing STB for DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Adrian thank you for your proactive approach to upgrading your service. You could either order it from the website you were looking at or over the phone with our sales agents. We will then ship you the box. When you get the box, it will have instructions on hooking it up. Most boxes will self activate without an activation code. If the self activation doesn't go through, there will be a sheet of paper with a 6 digit activation code and a number to call in to have it activated. You could also send a private message here and we could assist with the activation if you run into problems with it. Once working, you will place the box you are not using anymore and its power cord into the shipping container we sent the new box in. There will be a prepaid return label that you can drop the box off at any UPS store for free delivery back to us. Thanks again for your self motivation to improve your service.

View solution in original post

Re: Replacing STB for DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Adrian thank you for your proactive approach to upgrading your service. You could either order it from the website you were looking at or over the phone with our sales agents. We will then ship you the box. When you get the box, it will have instructions on hooking it up. Most boxes will self activate without an activation code. If the self activation doesn't go through, there will be a sheet of paper with a 6 digit activation code and a number to call in to have it activated. You could also send a private message here and we could assist with the activation if you run into problems with it. Once working, you will place the box you are not using anymore and its power cord into the shipping container we sent the new box in. There will be a prepaid return label that you can drop the box off at any UPS store for free delivery back to us. Thanks again for your self motivation to improve your service.