Reset or Reactivate 7232
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2
I could not find an answer searching. I received my 7232 yesterday and connected and followed self install. It did activate, but showed no packages so only basic channels appeared. Called tech support and there was an outage that affected internet and activation. I put old box back to record a show my son watches, but concerned when I connect new box back it will still not have my packages and take 12-24 hours for them to appear, which will make wife unhappy if on of her shows is not recorded.

To the question: is there a way to reset or force reactivation on the 7232?
0 Likes
Re: Reset or Reactivate 7232
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you look at the paper work that came with the box then you should have received an equipment activation code, that you can put in at the activation website.  or you can open a chat support after you hook it up or when you are ready to hook it up, and ask them to activate it for you

also keep in mind that there is a couple quick fixes that you can do that send commands, but I don't think they will activate the box if it hasn't been activated before.   you can give that a try too, and that is www.verizon.com/repair

Quick Fix for Set Top Boxes

Set Top Box Not Working

Activate Set Top Box

0 Likes
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try what you suggest, but my main concern is that the box thinks it was activated.  All the steps were green.  If going through activation again will work or using one of the links I will post so if anyone else that might have a problem they will know what to do.

Was wondering if there was a way to fool or reset the box so it would go through the activation process again.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If the box really thinks it's activated, then the quick fixes should help 

0 Likes