Resume play for On Demand STILL not working???
mmanzo28

I just subscribed to the new Fios Quantum TV, and can't believe we can't resume playing an On Demand program!!  This IS 2015, right???  I searched the forum, and see that this has been an issue for....years???  This is the most basic of functions that has existed since the beginning of dvr's and On Demand services, and no other cable or sat system out there now has an issue with this. My son and I have tried watching the same show 3 times, but we have to keep starting from the beginning, and we've just given up.  Also, half the time I try to access an On Demand program, the system freezes up, and I can't watch anything.  Absolutely ridiculous for the price we pay for service.  Are we getting credited for not being able to use some services??? 

Oh, and I've seen on commercials that you can pause live tv in one room, and resume in another.....how exactly do you do that?? 

I'm embarrassed for Verizon.  I just moved and switched to Fios, from Xfinity, and wow, what a downgrade in features!!  Verizon makes such a big deal about their Quantum tv, but quite honestly their platform feels light years behind Xfinity.       

Are there any Verizon reps that actually read these posts and listen to their customers?  I'm seriously considering jumping ship after just a few weeks.  

0 Likes
Re: Resume play for On Demand STILL not working???
Postalcobra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found with On Demand that if you stop or pause too long and it stops on its own, you can go to My Library and then to Rentals and select the program you were watching, it will give you the choice to resume. I'm not sure how long you can wait.

I hope this helps. If not, maybe someone with more experience can give a better answer. 

mmanzo28

Thanks Postal....I will try that today.  Haven't used it in a while, I just gave up trying to watch On Demand because I attempted to watch 3 different programs, but couldn't get through them cuz I couldn't resume.

I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep who said it's not coming up as a problem anymore, so maybe it's fixed?!? I'm not holding my breath, but maybe it's true, and not the usual customer service blow off???

I'll post my findings later! 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just tried it last night on a TV show I was wtching on demand.

Stopped it, switched TVs and tried resume. Started from the beginning.

0 Likes
dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been frustrated by the on demand not resuming for the years I have had FIOS, and the answer of going to my renatls seems to be the work-around I needed. Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes