Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I recently moved and had a one week delay before setting up FIOS in my new place. My landlord kept my DVR running at the old place. I figured I could just plug it in and run cables from the video/audio out jacks and record my shows to old-school VHS (which I had done in the past). The DVR won't boot up and I keep getting a "starting up" message screen that never goes away.
If I connect the old DVR to the new place's FIOS will that solve the problem or will it not recognize the old DVR as proper equipment? If so, how else, besides manually dubbing the shows at my old place, can I recover these recordings?
it would solve the problem of being able to access the recordings. It may or may not work with live programming but by connecting it to the new fios, there is at least the signal that would allow it to boot up.