Return device using a non original one
Daily3

I am supposed to return the HD TV top box. I think I lost the original top box. Is it OK to use return a TV top box as a return device, with the same model but different serial number?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Return device using a non original one
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your account show to HD STBs?

If so, then you will be ok.

If you are trying to return an STB that is not on your account, they will probably not credit you as returning a STB.

Any STBs that are not part of your account would be considered stolen as FIOS never sold them.

0 Likes
sharolinarose

Can you clarify this answer? I’m in the predicament of having returned my set top box just after receiving it (I’ve been using Tivo), but I can’t find the receipt from UPS, so I have no proof. In the meantime I’ve been paying the rental fee for the set top box that I don’t have.

Now I want to discontinue my service with Verizon. I have thought of  buying the same model set top box which is available on eBay, and returning that. Would that be acceptable?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sharolinarose wrote:

Can you clarify this answer? I’m in the predicament of having returned my set top box just after receiving it (I’ve been using Tivo), but I can’t find the receipt from UPS, so I have no proof. In the meantime I’ve been paying the rental fee for the set top box that I don’t have.

Now I want to discontinue my service with Verizon. I have thought of  buying the same model set top box which is available on eBay, and returning that. Would that be acceptable?

No you must return the exact one you originally received. When you lost the ups receipt you got a real problem. Verizon will claim non receipt, you cannot prove it was sent and received. You will have to pay full price for a lost or stolen set top box. Verizon will deactivate it in their system so it cannot be used again.

0 Likes
sharolinarose

Thank you for the answer to the question. How much would I be billed if I cannot prove that I returned the set top box? It was a Model QIP7100-P2 Type DVR.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sharolinarose wrote:

Thank you for the answer to the question. How much would I be billed if I cannot prove that I returned the set top box? It was a Model QIP7100-P2 Type DVR.

That I cannot say as to cost. I know on cable it was around $300 for a set top box.

verizon who changes prices at whom you speak to could be higher/lower but unlike routers that are $150 figure the figure I gave you.

the set top boxes which are rented in some cases for years and probably have been paid for 10 times over are still charged the original price. When Verizon and cable bought them it costs $50 at most. But they are money makers.

that is why the cable and Fios fought so hard to stop customers from buying stb from vendors to have you own them. 

0 Likes
sharolinarose

Thank you for answering. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sharolinarose wrote:

Thank you for answering. 

You are most welcome 😀

0 Likes