Return to DVR Recording from Live TV
joedaddy14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to return direction to a DVR recording while watching live TV. With Comcast I could hit the "Last" button. Obviously this doesn't work with FIOS. I did it once somehow with FIOS but it was completely by accident and can't figure out what I did. There MUST be a trick to it.

0 Likes
Re: Return to DVR Recording from Live TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It used to work with the older STBs (maybe even still does).

It has been a highly requested feature to add to Quantum.

No word yet as to if/when it will be added.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it still works for me.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I don't know of a single button way to return from live TV to a recording playing back, but you can do it with a few steps.

Press Menu/DVR or the DVR button, View Recordings, select the recording you want to resume (it will display in the list of recordings as yellow) and theck select Resume.

A few extra steps but it works.

joedaddy14
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's what I do currently do eljefe and it is a pain. With the lag sometimes it can take 10-15 seconds to get up and running. I wouldn't have switched over to Verizon if I knew this. I watch live sports and like to watch recorded programs during commercials or halftime. I assume the reason Verizon doesn't allow the single click is because people like me are more profitible to them when we watch commercials (including Verizon commercials over and over and over). I know there isnt a way with a single button but I know I did it when I was fumbling with my remote. I must have press 2 buttons at once or something like that.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Sorry I don't have a better solution, joedaddy.  Maybe someone else will pop in with an idea of how to do what it is you want to do.

I can tell you though, we don't watch commercials.  Were it not for being able to skip them with the DVR I would watch very little TV.

I'm not a sports fan either, but when my wife and I occassionally watch a game, even then we tend to record the event and then start watching it an hour or so later on the DVR.  The reason is obviously to skip the commericals.

Anyway, I hope someone else chimes in with a method to do what you want to do, or if not, it becomes a new feature sometime soon.

0 Likes