Returned HD SET TOP BOX but still being charged for it!!!!
shu0429

I canceled my FIOS TV service on June 20th, and received the return kit on July 1st. I dropped off the package at my local post office on July 5th, as it was instructed on the return kit.  I boxed the cable box, placed the provided shipping label, and dropped at the local post office.

A month later, I logged online to pay my monthly bill, I see that there is charged of $350.00 for unreturned set top box. So, I traced the package with the tracking number that I got from the post office.I found out that the package is still sitting at the post office that I went,  even though It was a month later. I called verizon customer service center. I told the customer service representative that I returned the box. He says that I still have to pay for $350.00 because the package didn't arrive at the Verizon within 30 days of service stopped. BUT, I dropped off the package before the 30 days. I don't know what happened  to the package at the post office, I never doubted that it would sit there. THAT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!!  I told him that there must been mistakes at the post office. He says that I should've brought it to the local verizon center. BUT, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE RETURN KIT SAYS!!! I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS AS VERIZON ASKED ME TO!!  DROP OFF AT ANY LOCAL POST OFFICE!!!!!! He said he will request an investigation, and I will be notified. Now, that's 2 weeks ago...

I tried online chatting and made some other calls but,  gets the same conclusion " someone will call you back"  which never happened....

Meanwhile, I traced the package few times more, and it started moving after I made the phone call to verizon customer service center. Last time I traced it, it was in Greensboro, NC.  So, I thought it will be all ok, once the investigator reaches me.

Guess what? Today, a package was delivered to my house... the cable box that I returned...

I called in again to explain everything again and let them know the new news, but still gives me the same answer.. "wait until notified."

so now, I don't know if I should keep this box until notified,  I'm afraid if I  will get charged another amount.

I'm so tire of waiting and the empty promises by Verizon.  And I really don't know what to do!!

Anyone from Verizon willing to step-up and resolve this?

I have the copy of receipt from post office, and tracking details..

0 Likes
Re: Returned HD SET TOP BOX but still being charged for it!!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shu0429,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Returned HD SET TOP BOX but still being charged for it!!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning shu0429,

We were able to get the credits applied to your account and the issue has cleared. SOrry for all of the trouble you had to go through to get this issue resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do you help make your experience with Verizon better.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes