Switch Account

Reveived old box!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor No-Max
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(539 Views)

Hello,

Had FiOS installed about 6 months ago and received the new boxes, a QIP7232 2 DVR and a QIP7100 2 extra set top box.  Nice set and has been working great.  I ordered another set top box last week for our basement.  When I opened the box I was suprised to find an old type QIP7100 1 set top box.

Will the QIP 7100 1 function just like the QIP 7100 2?  Is there any loss of functionality in receiving this older box?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor AETHER
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(477 Views)

I am looking for an old dvd non HD box.   AETHER

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 3 of 3
(465 Views)

The boxes work exactly the same. The difference with the box you received is a physical one. As you can see the casing is different and the 7100 p1 has a front display for clock or channel number.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.