Rewind Speeds: 3 or 4
spangreen
Enthusiast - Level 2

The FIOS TV User guide claims there are 4 rewind speeds: 3X, 15X, 60X and 300X (page 46 of the user guide).  I get only 3 speeds and they appear to be the last 3 (fast, faster, fastest).   Does anyone else experience this problem?   Is there a fix?

I find this bug/feature frustrating.  I just transfered service from Charter where the 4 speeds worked as advertised including a low speed (3X) which I found to the most useful.

0 Likes
Re: Rewind Speeds: 3 or 4
matcarl
Master - Level 1
They used to have 4 speeds, that's an old book. It's been 3 speeds since January. I miss the 4th speed also.
0 Likes
spangreen
Enthusiast - Level 2
That's unfortunate that they would take away this speed.   On Charter, we used the slowest rewind/foward speed quite a bit.   For example, as you get closer to the target point, you use that speed to avoid overshooting it.   At a minimum speed of 15X, it's very difficult to stop at your target unless you have lightening reflexes.
0 Likes
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

What I found with the FIOS remote is that when you hit the target point and press the play button, the vcr will rewind approximately 10 seconds to put you back at the target point.  A little tricky, but works 9 out of 10 times for me.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
What are you talking about and what does that have to do with the original question. Press the Play button and the "VCR" will "rewind"????? Why would a play button make it go in reverse? And do you mean DVR?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:
What are you talking about and what does that have to do with the original question. Press the Play button and the "VCR" will "rewind"????? Why would a play button make it go in reverse? And do you mean DVR?

I think what he means that if you are rewinding or fast-forwarding and hit play it will jump ahead or back about 10 seconds.

0 Likes
WithAK
Where is the "go to the beginning" button?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@WithAK wrote:
Where is the "go to the beginning" button?

In your imagination Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, they unforunately don't have one Smiley Sad .

0 Likes
Ucamuk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's no physical 'go to beginning' button, but you can get there with just a few pushes of existing buttons.

Press the 'stop' button while viewing the program.  The DVR menu will appear on the screen with the program you just stopped highlighted.

Now press the 'OK" button to bring up the sub-menu for that recording.  This sub-menu will give you choices to play from start, play from where you stopped it, and delete the program. Use the cursor buttons to make your choice, and press 'OK' to execute.

The whole process takes 8 seconds or less.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@ucamuk wrote:

There's no physical 'go to beginning' button, but you can get there with just a few pushes of existing buttons.

Press the 'stop' button while viewing the program.  The DVR menu will appear on the screen with the program you just stopped highlighted.

Now press the 'OK" button to bring up the sub-menu for that recording.  This sub-menu will give you choices to play from start, play from where you stopped it, and delete the program. Use the cursor buttons to make your choice, and press 'OK' to execute.

The whole process takes 8 seconds or less.

Doesn't work if you are watching a program that is still recording.  Particularly annoying for sporting events since it comes in "live".

0 Likes