Roku with FIOS TV?
DcCustomer

I am switching back to Verizon and am wondering if I will be able to use ng Roku stick with FIOS on my tv. Thx! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Roku with FIOS TV?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are both saying the same thing.

Post said you can't get CNN without having a streaming service or FiOS package that includes it.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, absolutely. You'll have to sign in with your Verizon credentials for some content, but as long as you have at least 50 up 50 down you should be ok for 4K HDR if there aren't a lot of devices on your network at the same time.

Grayson73

How do you do this?  Is there a FIOS TV app in Roku?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you try to use an app, let's say HBO, it will ask you to login using your Verizon credentials. You have to use a tablet, phone or computer to log into the registration website for that channel, input a code the Roku will provide, and choose the provider. Once done you shouldn't have to do it again for that channel's app.

Grayson73

Oh, I was asking for an app that lets you watch live channels and your recorded shows.  Xfinity has an app like that for Roku.  This allows you to use Roku on other TVs in lieu of a set top box.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Grayson73 wrote:

Oh, I was asking for an app that lets you watch live channels and your recorded shows.  Xfinity has an app like that for Roku.  This allows you to use Roku on other TVs in lieu of a set top box.  

Unfortunately that is an Xfinity perk not available with Verizon. You can watch any channels you have apps for, but not the My Verizon app.

JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

If you could use the Fios App to get Fios channels & DVR then you would be able to replace the Rented set top boxes with a streaming device and save the monthly rental for each box you have. So the Fios app can't do what you want and probably never will.  Fios isn't inclined to give up those substantial rental fees.

0 Likes
Grayson73

Exactly.  Replacing set top boxes with Roku is a huge plus for xfinity

0 Likes
QuantumGravity

Can I get CNN on roku if I have Fios or does it cost extra?  Roku said a new policy went into effect on 2.20.2020

0 Likes
JJKiv
Contributor - Level 1

CNN does not have a stand alone streaming service.  You need to have a streaming service that has it in their package or have Fios TV with it included

0 Likes