Rolling Outages
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

Just curious to see if anyone has had consistent troubles this past week with their FIOS boxes?

For each of the last 7 days, I get an error message on the TV saying that the channel is not available (this occurs on both the cable channels and local channels).  Sure, the in-home agent fixes it after about 2 minutes (which, I think is a great way to resolve the issue, temporarily).  But I do not think that I should have to do this every single day.  Is there a more permanent fix?

I hate calling tech support b/c all they do is rest the box.

background info: using a DVR in the igloo state formerly known as Maryland.

0 Likes
Re: Rolling Outages
prisaz
Legend

@jmcohen23 wrote:

Just curious to see if anyone has had consistent troubles this past week with their FIOS boxes?

For each of the last 7 days, I get an error message on the TV saying that the channel is not available (this occurs on both the cable channels and local channels).  Sure, the in-home agent fixes it after about 2 minutes (which, I think is a great way to resolve the issue, temporarily).  But I do not think that I should have to do this every single day.  Is there a more permanent fix?

I hate calling tech support b/c all they do is rest the box.

background info: using a DVR in the igloo state formerly known as Maryland.

I am also in Maryland out of VHO4 in Montgomery county. There was a software upgrade to the boxes a while back. If you are connected with an HDMI cable it could be causing issues. The last upgrade fixed most everything with HDMI, but some users reported issues that did not occur prior to the upgrade. I have a TIVO unit on my HD set so the upgrade had no effect with my system. If you are having issues with channels or the screen blanking out, try component cables to your TV and see if the issues goes away. If it does Please post your results in the IMG 1.7 thread found here.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/IMG-1-7-Experience/m-p/85161#U85161

0 Likes