Router/STB Splitter
Johnnyh631
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a router and  DVR sharing a single cable via a Verizon provided splitter  Recently lost guide date, on demand etc on DVR.   After rebooting router lost guide, on demand etc everywhere (6 stb's). A  day or so later moca network came back everywhere but DVR.  After receiving and trying to install a new (used) DVR with no success I spent hours on the phone with Verizon with no resolution and decided to do some troubleshooting myself.   I rebooted Router and again lost guide etc everywhere.  I disconnected cable between router and splitter then reconnected it and moca lan came up.  Tried 3 different 2.4 ghz splitters (same specs as the one Verizon installed) but still have the same issue.  (no guide anywhere and no guide to DVR).  Next I replaced all cables with no success and similar symptoms. 

One more thing...  whole home DVR still works

Anyone have any idea what this could be.  I asked Verizon to send me a new router to try but they want to send a tech.  Don't want to take the time off work if I don't need to,  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Router/STB Splitter - New Router Required
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Johnnyh63 wrote:

Have a router and  DVR sharing a single cable via a Verizon provided splitter  Recently lost guide date, on demand etc on DVR ... install a new (used) DVR with no success ... disconnected cable between router and splitter then reconnected it and moca lan came up.  Tried 3 different 2.4 ghz splitters  ... replaced all cables with no success and similar symptoms. 

... asked Verizon to send me a new router to try but they want to send a tech ... 

By simple process of elimination, you've already ruled out all existing equipment except for the router (and this is definitely an equipment issue).  Therefore, there is a problem with the existing router and it should be replaced.

If I were in your shoes I'd simply insist that VZ send along a replacement router (on their dime) and see what happens.  You evidently have sufficient background that replacing the router will be a walk in the park.  After that, I'm sure you will be good to go.  Why not try a new router and report back here with the results?

Good luck.

Re: Router/STB Splitter - New Router Required
Johnnyh631
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gonna try one last thing today - If that doesn't work I'll put my foot down and demand the new router

Thanks

JH

0 Likes