Switch Account

Router/STB Splitter

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Router/STB Splitter

Message 1 of 3
(1,165 Views)

Have a router and  DVR sharing a single cable via a Verizon provided splitter  Recently lost guide date, on demand etc on DVR.   After rebooting router lost guide, on demand etc everywhere (6 stb's). A  day or so later moca network came back everywhere but DVR.  After receiving and trying to install a new (used) DVR with no success I spent hours on the phone with Verizon with no resolution and decided to do some troubleshooting myself.   I rebooted Router and again lost guide etc everywhere.  I disconnected cable between router and splitter then reconnected it and moca lan came up.  Tried 3 different 2.4 ghz splitters (same specs as the one Verizon installed) but still have the same issue.  (no guide anywhere and no guide to DVR).  Next I replaced all cables with no success and similar symptoms. 

One more thing...  whole home DVR still works

Anyone have any idea what this could be.  I asked Verizon to send me a new router to try but they want to send a tech.  Don't want to take the time off work if I don't need to,  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Router/STB Splitter - New Router Required

Message 2 of 3
(1,126 Views)

@Johnnyh63 wrote:

Have a router and  DVR sharing a single cable via a Verizon provided splitter  Recently lost guide date, on demand etc on DVR ... install a new (used) DVR with no success ... disconnected cable between router and splitter then reconnected it and moca lan came up.  Tried 3 different 2.4 ghz splitters  ... replaced all cables with no success and similar symptoms. 

... asked Verizon to send me a new router to try but they want to send a tech ... 

By simple process of elimination, you've already ruled out all existing equipment except for the router (and this is definitely an equipment issue).  Therefore, there is a problem with the existing router and it should be replaced.

If I were in your shoes I'd simply insist that VZ send along a replacement router (on their dime) and see what happens.  You evidently have sufficient background that replacing the router will be a walk in the park.  After that, I'm sure you will be good to go.  Why not try a new router and report back here with the results?

Good luck.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Router/STB Splitter - New Router Required

Message 3 of 3
(1,071 Views)

Gonna try one last thing today - If that doesn't work I'll put my foot down and demand the new router

Thanks

JH

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.