SD TV
tangiergal

Hi - I have a SDTV that I would like to start using.  When I was I having my main TV set up, the tech said I could get a router at Best Buy for the SDTV.  I have no idea what to ask for.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: SD TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure I understand the question. You are hooking up a Standard Def TV? Are you trying to connect it to FiOS or an antenna?

0 Likes
tangiergal

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I would like to hook up my Standard Def TV to my FIOS account.  

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You just need to call up and order another box. I don’t know if Verizon offer SD boxes anymore but even if they sent you an HD box you can use the rf out to connect to your TV. 

0 Likes
tangiergal

They don't have SD TV set top boxes, just HD set top boxes.  I don't want to pay for a HD set top box if I dont need.  The Verizon  tech who set up my service said I could get something a Best Buy and it would be cheaper.  

@Edg1 wrote:

You just need to call up and order another box. I don’t know if Verizon offer SD boxes anymore but even if they sent you an HD box you can use the rf out to connect to your TV. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing I can think of that he was taking about would be a an over the air digital converter box. But that would hook up to an antenna not FiOS. They do have them at Best Buy. They convert the local channels digital signal so your Standard Def TV can view them. 

I don't think that it would be able to convert a FiOS signal which is QAM versus over the air which is ATSC. 

You could get a converter box along with a antenna to get local stations.