SEC Network HD/STB Issues

SEC Network HD/STB Issues

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(627 Views)

The SEC Network HD just became available to me in Northern Virginia yesterday (Thurs. 9/17). However on my 2 oldest STB's (QIP 6416 DVR and QIP 6200) channel 575 shows up but without audio and a pop up window that says to the effect these STBs don't support this channel. My QIP 7200 and 7200-P2 accept the channel just fine.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(625 Views)

Most logical answer would be that the channels are in MPEG4 that the 6XXXX boxes don't support.

Does it give you an iption to upgrade?

At one time, they were giving out free upgrades to 7XXX boxes if you had a plan that supported channels in MEPG4 but only had 6XXX boxes.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 3 of 4
(616 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

Most logical answer would be that the channels are in MPEG4 that the 6XXXX boxes don't support.

Does it give you an iption to upgrade?

At one time, they were giving out free upgrades to 7XXX boxes if you had a plan that supported channels in MEPG4 but only had 6XXX boxes.

That's exactly what it is. He needs to upgrade the old box. I believe they are still giving free upgrades out.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(592 Views)

Yes it does say something about an upgrade. Didn't know if this was afluke or something. Thank you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.