SONY CD/DVD Player won't work with my HD DVR. Need advice please.
snafu
Just purchased it and I wired to the HD DVR receiver. Can't get it to setup or work at all. Any clues out there? Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: SONY CD/DVD Player won't work with my HD DVR. Need advice please.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@snafu wrote:
Just purchased it and I wired to the HD DVR receiver. Can't get it to setup or work at all. Any clues out there? Thanks.

Are you saying you connected the DVD player to Verizon's STB (HD DVR)?  If that is the case, there is no configuration that will work since there are no active inputs on the boxes from Verizon.

You need to connect the DVD player directly to an input on your TV or Home Theater system (if you have one).

0 Likes
Re: SONY CD/DVD Player won't work with my HD DVR. Need advice please.
CSimpson
Contributor - Level 1

You have a couple of options.

1)  Hopefully your TV has multiple INPUTS and you can simply use an available one for your DVD player.  Then just select the "input" or "TV/Video" button on your TV remote to switch between the DVR and the DVD player.

2)  If your DVD player has Video/Audio IN jacks, then you can wire it in-between your TV and DVR.  Would look something like this:

DVR(out)-->(in)DVD(out)-->(in)TV

I've done #2 succesfully using a DVD player/recorder to record Video-On-Demand shows on blank DVD-R media.  But this isn't advisable since you may possibly lose your HD signal if the DVD player doesn't have Component IN & OUT.

0 Likes