STB Connectivity Problem
Speedfreak

I too have been experiencing connectivity issues since FIOS was installed in November. I have three sets, the main box and two STB. The main box and the STB in my master bedroom works fine. However, the STB in my daughter's room has not functioned since installation. I have called Tech Support, had a new line installed to that room ($125.00) and have swapped out the main box  and the STB multiple times, all at the suggestion of Verizon tech support. Nevertheless, the system still does not function. Although tech support reboots the system and gets the TV functioning it goes off line within a day or two. I had Comcast for 22 years without a problem, FIOS has been nothing but a nightmare and to make matters worse, now that its installed and I'm locked in, they simply don't care.

Tech Support simply follows a script and to make matters worse they don't even look at the history of the chat logs. They repeat the same script as if you're the **bleep** who can't connect cables correctly and the system is infallible.

0 Likes
Re: STB Connectivity Problem
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Speedfreak,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes