STB Keeps resetting itself
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

After a week of my HD DVR STB resetting itself I placed a call with Tech support to report the problem.  Two days later I called again and said its still resetting itself.  Basically while watching TV it would reset.  We were not doing anything to cause the problem but in any case tech support is sending another STB via UPS.  Should be here tomorrow.

My question is has anyone ever had to swap out their DVR STB?  We have a handful of shows recorded and quite honestly would hate to lose them.  Is there a way to transfer the shows recorded on the old DVR to the new DVR or are we basically going to lose these recorded shows?  My wife is upset about this because one show we recorded is the HBO special on Alzheimers.  She wanted to hold on to that.

Thanks

JIm

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB Keeps resetting itself
ILikeFIOS
Contributor - Level 1
Yes, you will lose your recordings...  Tell your wife that ALL those Alzheimers shows are on HBO On Demand, which you get for free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ILikeFIOS
Contributor - Level 1
Yes, you will lose your recordings...  Tell your wife that ALL those Alzheimers shows are on HBO On Demand, which you get for free.
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Oh well that's good.  Thanks...

Jim

0 Likes