STB Keeps resetting to display Channel on front of Box
HippyFish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 3 Verizon HD STBs in my house (1 6416-2 and 2 6200s). The issue I am having, and that appears unrelated to other posts on the clock vs channel display, is that about every few days the STBs default to showing the Channel and not the Time.

I can go into the Menu and look at the STB setting for Front and it is set to Display Clock, but that isn't what is happening. What I typically have to do is change it to Display Channel, then back to Display Clock and it will work for a few days.

I've also looked each time at the software and firmware information and it doesn't look like any updates are registered. Additionally, these boxes are not turned off, I tend to keep the boxes on and just turn the TV on or off as needed.

The issue affects all 3 boxes at the same time, so it seems like it might be either a system issue or an issue with the Motorola boxes.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB Keeps resetting to display Channel on front of Box
Justin46
Legend

Sure, for several years. No big deal to me, happens every few weeks, I could follow the procedure in my sleep to reset the display, much more important that they fix the Guide data problem.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Sure, for several years. No big deal to me, happens every few weeks, I could follow the procedure in my sleep to reset the display, much more important that they fix the Guide data problem.

Keller, TX 76248

HippyFish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, yep. Thanks, Justin.

I'm sure there are much more pressing issues than resetting the STB to Clock. 

0 Likes
Buzz
This happens to me too about every day or two.  It seems to happen when they do an Emergency Broadcast test.  I watched it happen one morning.  Doesn't anyone know how to fix it?  I have 1.6.1
0 Likes
ElephantManOfTX

It happens every time Verizon sends a message to the box or the EBS is tested.  Irritating ... most definately!  Fix ... only Verizon can fix it so it doesn't reset the box back to display the channel instead of my preference of the time.

Will they fix it ... doubt it.  Do they know about it?  According to their tech .... "Really, I didn't know that.  I'll make a note and pass it on to the programmers."  Sure you will!

Want to get it fixed?  Call Verizon and tell them you're pi--ed off at having to reset the panel display every few days. If they get 50,000 to 60,000 complaints then maybe they'll do something.  Until then ... live with it or CALL THEM TODAY and get the ball rolling!  The squeaky wheel gets lubricated --speak up!

0 Likes