Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

STB QIP2500-3 audio output level

ecmks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

STB QIP2500-3 audio output level

Message 1 of 6
(5,473 Views)

There is a noticeable difference between the audio output level (loudness) of the RF (ch3/4) and the baseband (L/R stereo) on the STB QIP2500-3. The RF is louder than the baseband. Is there any way to increase the output level of the baseband L/R stereo level, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
VZ_Javier
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: STB QIP2500-3 audio output level

Message 2 of 6
(5,377 Views)

Go to the Main Menu by pressing 'Menu' key on remote, Settings, Audio, Make sure the 'Set Top Box Volume' is at its max.  Audio format can be put on 'Stereo'.  Volume control can be put on 'Fixed'.  Finally set the Dynamic Range to 'Heavy'.  The following settings usually give the best audio output. 

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

ecmks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(5,369 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions and still the same. RF audio level higher than baseband audio level. BTW the Dynamic setting has no effect on the baseband audio,

VZ_Javier
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 6
(5,360 Views)

How great is the difference?  If you put it on 'Mono' does it change? Just to confirm you are using RCA cable. 

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

ecmks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(5,354 Views)

As a point of reference .... when listening to the RF output (ch4) I set my TV volume at 16. When listening using the audio output I have to raise the TV volume to 22. And yes I am connected using L/R RCA cables and mono or stereo makes no difference. BTW this is the same for both my STB's, so it must be a function of the STB. Is there a way to access the QIP 2500 (setup options) to adjust the output levels? Or maybe an update to the STB could resolve the issue.

ecmks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(5,350 Views)

One more thing ...... I just switched from Comcast to Verizon FiOS (glad I did) and the output level was not a issue with the Comcast DCT 700 cable box.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title