STB QIP2500-3 audio output level
ecmks

There is a noticeable difference between the audio output level (loudness) of the RF (ch3/4) and the baseband (L/R stereo) on the STB QIP2500-3. The RF is louder than the baseband. Is there any way to increase the output level of the baseband L/R stereo level, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: STB QIP2500-3 audio output level
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to the Main Menu by pressing 'Menu' key on remote, Settings, Audio, Make sure the 'Set Top Box Volume' is at its max.  Audio format can be put on 'Stereo'.  Volume control can be put on 'Fixed'.  Finally set the Dynamic Range to 'Heavy'.  The following settings usually give the best audio output. 

0 Likes
ecmks

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions and still the same. RF audio level higher than baseband audio level. BTW the Dynamic setting has no effect on the baseband audio,

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

How great is the difference?  If you put it on 'Mono' does it change? Just to confirm you are using RCA cable. 

0 Likes
ecmks

As a point of reference .... when listening to the RF output (ch4) I set my TV volume at 16. When listening using the audio output I have to raise the TV volume to 22. And yes I am connected using L/R RCA cables and mono or stereo makes no difference. BTW this is the same for both my STB's, so it must be a function of the STB. Is there a way to access the QIP 2500 (setup options) to adjust the output levels? Or maybe an update to the STB could resolve the issue.

0 Likes
ecmks

One more thing ...... I just switched from Comcast to Verizon FiOS (glad I did) and the output level was not a issue with the Comcast DCT 700 cable box.

0 Likes