STB Upgrade nightmare
jrtx

Received a notification from Verizon telling me I could not view all of my FIOS channels because my STB needed to be upgraded and to get my FREE exchange.  Called customer service and they said I had to do it online by chat.  Chatted online for 40 minutes with a representative who kept asking me what the issue with my exisitng STB was.  I kept telling him, Verizon was the one telling me I needed to upgrade.   He kept asking me to open the guide, power on and off, reset etc, and all looked fine to him.   Eventually quit the chat in frustration.  Called customer service and the nice lady said of course she would upgrade my STB because it was old and not HD and I had HD channels,  plus would not charge me shipping.  Yeah!!  10 minutes later received a email from Verizon that I had been upgraded to FIOS Quantam with 5 new DVRS and a new bill of $261?????!!!!!  Called back customer service and talked to another lady who said she would have to cancel the order.  She tried for about 20 minutes.    She explained that I needed to upgrade my standard STB to an HD box and I had to  do the upgrade online.   They could not do it on the phone because it is a different department.   She walked me through the process online.  It would NOT allow me to upgrade the STANDARD set top, only the exisitng HD DVR???   She never admitted she was wrong just kept on like everything was fine.  Then she said, I needed to upgrade the existing DVR not the standard STB, because it was old and no longer supported.  I said ok, that was fine and then she said they would charge me $49 and oh, by the way, she was unable to cancel the original order and I would have to take the new DVRs to UPS to return them when they arrived.   WHAT???   Verizon shipped them out in 20 minutes?  No way.   I hung up in frustration.  Now 3 hours of wasted time, bill is all screwed up and I will have to take new DVRS to UPS all because Verizon TOLD me to get my "FREE" exchange.  Did I get a free exchange??  NO!!!!!  Anybody else have a notice to upgrade  old equipment for free?  I checked my account and it even says I am eligible to upgrade for free but when I try, it says to contact customer service.  What a mess!  Seems like the old bait and switch to get you to call in so they can upgrade youto Quantam  and then NOT be able to cancel it.  NOT HAPPY!!!

0 Likes
Re: STB Upgrade nightmare
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes