Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

STB acting sluggish

MassFios
Contributor
Contributor

STB acting sluggish

Message 1 of 1
(2,495 Views)

Now my HD STB is acting weird. Turns on ok w/ the remote, but sometimes I need to rehit the pads to get an action, like channel change etc. batteries are fine, unobstructed view etc etc. When I go to Video on Demans menu, it really freezes up. have tried two other remotes - same thing with this box. I can do the functions on the box buttons fine and screen reacts as it should. I tried the remote with my other two boxes and they work fine, so I know it is not the remote.

I just had the whole FiOS thing installed last Friday with just one HD STB w/DVR at that time. No problem GREAT stuff. On Monday I went and picked up two new HD STB and self installed. One of these is no problem at all with screen and menu. Just one of them is. I tried the power unplug of the STB, and of the router etc all per the Support tips on the VZ site. I lciked on the STB reset thing on the site too but no dice. Can or should the box be re-initialized by VZ remotely or what?

Thanks for any help or tips you may have.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title