STB box responding too slow
FreedomOne

need help... STB box is responding too slowly plus cannot program my remote.
4 new remotes from verizon = no differences.
TV is samsung HD, 50 inches, less than 2 years old.

Am getting real tired from verizon keeps telling me my remote is bad,  I, myself personally thinks STB box is malfunctioning.

here are scenarios...

1......doesn't matter what time of the day and brightness of the room.
when pressing any buttons on remote, I can see red led light on STB on and off but no changes on TV screen, sometimes TV screen will change if I wait a minute or two.

yes, STB box and remote has been reset few times by me and verizon. no differences so far but verizon keep saying it is the remote. 

Does it sound like malfunction STB box or not?

2.... programming remote....  samsung code is 331
no matter what I do, only channel selection, power on / off button,  OK button,  forward n back button, and previous channel button are only thing that works.
samsung remote will turn on off TV, adjust volume control.
Why is that?
my 14 years old 100 lbs sony tv works beautifully with one verizon remote. 
with new remote and another one coming... I still cannot program remote to operate correctly.
What else is out there to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: STB box responding too slow
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 3 Samsung TVs.  And remotes work just fine for all functions.

What model remote do you have?

If you have P265 remote are you hitting CH+ button after entering code until TV turns off?

0 Likes
FreedomOne

Yes, did everything per Verizon procedures plus online chat via Verizon.

Nothing works.

Yes, I have 265 remote, was replaced 4 times, Verizon is sending me 5th one. I highly doubt it is remote, I believe it is STB box.

They are sending me replacement box ASAP.

Here is the thing, when pressing any buttons on remote, I can observed red LED light respond to every button I press on remote, unfortunately I have to wait few seconds, sometimes 1 minute for tv to change channel.

Example, on demand screen..

Using forward, reverse, up or down buttons, ... I have to wait, if I go too fast then it freezes. I have to manually unplug STB off, waited 5 minutes then plug in.

Verizon said it is not my internet speed. Which I thought it is lacking, like dial up modem... remember that? Lol.

Anyway, Verizon is sending me another STB box, remote, HDMI cable ASAP.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are TV and STB oriented.

I have heard that some TVs can cause interference to STB IR receiver.

Is STB behind glass door?

Or anything else that might impair IR reception?

When you hit button on remote, does an indicator flash on STB.

Sounds interesting that you are having issues with remote controlling TV as well.

0 Likes
FreedomOne

No glass door.

STB is below tv, on separate shelf.

Yes, the indcator on STB flash when remote button is press.

4 remotes from Verizon did not fix it, 5th one is here and new STB is on the way.

Two big issue is programming remote and slow respond from STB.

So, bottom line,  4 remotes from Verizon did not work, 5th one came in today but I won't touch 5th remote until replacement STB arrive tomorrow. 

0 Likes
FreedomOne

updates... 
my box is Model QIP7100... Have that since day 1.

verizon send me model #7232... that does not have any LED display...
I send that back..
, this is 4th time Verizon send me incorrect box.
Now they tell me my 2.5 year old box is discontinued....  They even told me to pick up 7100 box 15 miles away... What the heck is that?

Bottom line::: 12 years with comcast, same box without issue, 2.5 years with Verizon, nothing but issue since October of 2017.
I need box with LED display such as clock and channel selection, bright and easy to read better than display on TV itself.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because the box isn't 2.5 yrs old.

its probably closer to 10.

I'm guessing they are trying to phase out older models.

Supporting a large number of boxes can get expensive.

The fact that Comcast has maybe 5x the number of customers as FiOS probably gives them some extra spares.

0 Likes
FreedomOne

ok then what is the deal with #7232 box that does not have LED display... according to Verion few hours ago, they blocked the display off...

I rather have LED display..aka clock display and LED for switching channel manually.

0 Likes
Bekind0823

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?  I went last week and got a mew box which came with a new remote. They worked perfectly the first day. Now only work occasionally. I can always turn on the tv but like you, see the red light flash when pushing buttons but nothing changes on the tv screen. My box is right below the tv and is not blocked in any way. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes