Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

STB ethernet connection

Hakstone
Contributor
Contributor

STB ethernet connection

Message 1 of 6
(7,824 Views)
I have the motorola QIP-6416-1. Can I hook up my HD player to the ethernet connection and get firmware upgrades ?
5 REPLIES 5
Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: STB ethernet connection

Message 2 of 6
(7,817 Views)
you will receive the Firmware upgrades through the Moca connection or the coax connection to your box from the wall
Hakstone
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(7,788 Views)
OK. So I can receive internet content thru the box and out the ethernet connection to my HD player ?
Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 6
(7,783 Views)
I'm not quite getting the concept of HD player.  The ethernet port on the back of the box does not transmit anything and to my knowledge should be disabled.
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 6
(7,741 Views)

@Hakstone wrote:
OK. So I can receive internet content thru the box and out the ethernet connection to my HD player ?

No.  You can't use the Ethernet port on the back of the STB, it is not enabled.  If you want to update your HD player (I assume you mean a Blue Ray or HD DVD) you would need a MoCA to Ethernet bridge like the NIM-100, another  Actiontec router, or a WAP.
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Hakstone
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(7,707 Views)
OK. Too bad. It's just that the STB is closer to my HD player. Why is the ethernet disabled ?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.