STB freezes; pixels; picture freezing
sharonrg

The DVR STB keeps freezing - will not change channels.  have to use in-home mgr to unfreeze it.  Lost all recorded programs.  When watching a newly recorded program on multi-room DVR the movie freezes.  I am very frustrated with Fios. 

0 Likes
Re: STB freezes; pixels; picture freezing
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We have already sent you a private message to get further information from you. Please check and reply back to Frank.

0 Likes
Willogy
The same keeps happening to me. Its as if the stb cant keep up. Major pixelation during nba playoffs. I will probably cancel during my 30 day period unless they do something about it.
0 Likes
TerryR2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switched to Fios (from XFINITY) in May 2013.  Freezing happens to me multiple times per day.  Picture on STB freezes and audio ceases.  Not particular to the channels you've noted.  Fox news HD, and several music channels as well.  Although for me, never CNN.  Changing channels becomes extremely slow as well.  Can usually correct problem by rebooting STB or sometimes by switching channels and coming back to the frozen channel.  When returning to the "frozen" channel it will either be fine or just have a blank screen.  Happens on all three boxes, 2 STBs and 1 DVR.  All can be on the same channel at once and only one will freeze.  Three different TV makes, 2 HD, 1 SD.  2 HDMI connected, 1 composite video.  Just doesn't matter.

I have had a revolving door of "Dream Team" technical/repair/installation people come through to no avail and even did an experiment myself, eliminating everything from the equation (splitters, router, other boxes, other cables in house) except the entrance cable which I connected directly to a STB.  Picture froze within the hour.

They have checked the internal cables for signal strength and BER (bit error rate) both of which are excellent.  Connected the entrance cable to the external grounding block, which it was not originally.  Swapped out one of the STBs.  (Oh, actually they just took the one from the basement and drop shipped one to me that I had to setup and install.)  More time wasted.  A new fiber optic  line was laid across the front yard and the boxes froze as soon as they pulled out of the driveway and several more times after that.  The ONT (optical network terminal) has been replaced twice and inspected each time.  The problem persists.  Now they've trenched in the fiber optic line that was laid across the yard even though I have told them that this does not fix the problem and despite the last technician having put a red-line on the trenching effort.  Wonderful muddy stripes through my yard on top of all the other issues.  Ugh.   Pixellation resolved with first ONT replacement.

RANT [Hello VERIZON FIOS!  Either your incompetence or unreliable product is on full display.  Not sure which, or maybe both.]

Obvious to both the last tecnician and myself that the problem is with the CISCO STBs and DVRs.  Tried to get him to give us an old Motorola STB but he wouldn't.

Bottom line, Verizon FIos should not charge so much for such an unreliable product.  Makes XFINITY look reliable!

0 Likes