Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

STB is stuck on "Starting up...One Moment"

Contributor
Contributor

STB is stuck on "Starting up...One Moment"

Message 1 of 3
(19,794 Views)

At first , I turned on the tv and stb and there was no picture. I went through the self troubleshoot , the first fix didnt work so then it asked to do a self reboot. I hit ok then it reset then now its stuck on the starting up image.

2 REPLIES 2
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: STB is stuck on "Starting up...One Moment"

Message 2 of 3
(19,743 Views)

@11474711 wrote:

At first , I turned on the tv and stb and there was no picture. I went through the self troubleshoot , the first fix didnt work so then it asked to do a self reboot. I hit ok then it reset then now its stuck on the starting up image.

Sounds like a Tivo with a bad hard drive. If it is and you are good with computers, you can repair it yourself, but all the stuff on your Tivo is lost. I had one of the refurbished $199 units that was giving trouble in the first 30 days and got the run around by Tivo as to how to get it, or if I could have it replaced. 95 days after activation they said sorry it is out of warrenty. What I fight. I fixed it myself and upgraded to a terra byte. Now more storage than I need. I am still a bit sore at Tivo.

If it is your situation. here is the link. "Starting up...One Moment" sounds like a tivo error. Never seen that on a Verizon box. Perhaps is just been to long and I don't remember.

http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/instantcake.cfm

philhu
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: STB is stuck on "Starting up...One Moment"

Message 3 of 3
(19,706 Views)

It is a Motorola stb error too.

It can happen if your coax is unplugged to the router.  It says this exact message on a red screen.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title