STB issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

STB issues

Message 1 of 3
(4,169 Views)

In the last month there has been about 5-8 times our set top box has turned itself on in the middle of the night . This is very annoying as my receiver is usually left on because turning the box off is supposed ot prevent the sound from starting up at unwanted times. Now the noise has woken us up several times. Is this an issue with my box, or does that juist happen from updates and things?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: STB issues

Message 2 of 3
(4,155 Views)

Check the following thread which may be relevant.  Especially if you have a Cisco STB.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/STB-now-has-idle-power-off/m-p/595269#M448...

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: STB issues

Message 3 of 3
(4,097 Views)

There was an update that pushed through in some areas last night. However, I am unaware of update turning an STB on. The only option I know of that turns a box on is a Reminder setting. If you have reminders set for programs during the night, this will turn the STB on. You may be able to view a list of Reminders here:

Menu > TV Listings > Reminders > Reminders List

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.