STB jumps up one channel after Tivo recording starts
pacwoman37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola QIP2500-3 with Standard Def Tivo box.

Program is set to record on channel 50 at 9:00 PM. 

Both the STB and the Tivo banner change to channel 50 and start recording, as expected.

Almost immediately the STB changes to channel 51 while the Tivo banner continues to show Channel 50 info.

Therefore the wrong program gets recorded.

If you catch it in time you can use your Verizon remote to change the channel back.

The expected Tivo message: Currently Recording with the 2 options-Do not change channel, continue recording OR Change the channel, stop recording, does not appear so somehow there's a disconnect with FIOS.

I've seen this with other channels, 2 or 3 digits only, not 4-9.  It also occurs with channel changing not during recording.

Others have posted this on TiVo msg boards however the solution to change from the Serial cable to IR emitters doesn't always work. 

Because it's the FIOS STB that's changing channels incorrectly, I thought I would post here.  This has been occuring for about 2 months now.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?postID=10453313&ie=x#e10453313

Anyone else seeing this?  Found a solution?

Thanks,

Patty

0 Likes
Re: STB jumps up one channel after Tivo recording starts
JerseyJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've been having the exact same problem for the same period of time, and it's incredibly annoying. Verizon and TiVo both know about the problem, and I doubt that either is really doing anything about it.  A recent firmware change on the FiOS STB almost certainly introduced the issue.

0 Likes
Re: STB jumps up one channel after Tivo recording starts
pl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've begun getting this same problem around the same time period.  I assume it is a Verizon issue as it appears to be a problem with the STB.  I am getting sufficiently tired of problems with the Verizon equipment (a DVR that mostly leaves me stunned anyone could offer such a piece of junk for sale, or rental as it were) that I'm either going to get new Tivos and use them with cards or shift to another provider.  Right now I am using one of their DVRs and a Tivo/STB combo.

0 Likes