STB not paring with android (Nexus 10) tablet
Kingdaddy64

I have a Nexus 10 tablet and downloaded the remote app and the Mobil app, both will open on the tablet but is shows an unidentified STB named "0" with no address.  I cannot pair either of my 2 STB/DVR's.  I cant even find any instructions on how to do it.  I have tried the phone support until I finally gave up as they wont even recognize that there is a mobil app or even discuss the problem with me they keep telling me to contact the manufacturer of the tablet...**bleep**??

Can anyone here help?

0 Likes
Re: STB not paring with android (Nexus 10) tablet
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you have named your STB.

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

Already done, both are named, neither show up in the settings.

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

If you go to the Google App Store and look at the reviews it clearly shows that no one there is able to get it to work properly.  Am I to believe that it simply doesn't work?  if so can someone at Verizon just admit it so I wont waste any more of my time?

I also read that even if it did work you cannot watch your DVR recordings!  WOW, how worthless is that, only a few subscribe channels and not a list of these anywhere to be found.

Maybe its time to go back to Direct TV or Dish, everybody treats new customers like king but existing customers can't even get a straight answer on a problem, Ive talked to 3 different people at verizon on the phone and they basically told me to {word filter avoidance} go away.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Kingdaddy64 wrote:

I have a Nexus 10 tablet and downloaded the remote app and the Mobil app, both will open on the tablet but is shows an unidentified STB named "0" with no address.  I cannot pair either of my 2 STB/DVR's.  I cant even find any instructions on how to do it.  I have tried the phone support until I finally gave up as they wont even recognize that there is a mobil app or even discuss the problem with me they keep telling me to contact the manufacturer of the tablet...**bleep**??

Can anyone here help?

I would suggets a reboot of the STBs and the router.  Further, for the remote app you need to run the widget on the STB itself.  I'm not sure if this is required for the mobile app (which contains remote control functions that are redundant to the remote control app) but it is for the remote DVR app.

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

I’ve tried the rebooting and removal and re-installation of the apps several times.  Also I did install the remote control app on the STB but that’s the only app that I see available.  The Remote App seems to half a** work, the Guide button and severall others will not work however.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Kingdaddy64 wrote:

I’ve tried the rebooting and removal and re-installation of the apps several times.  Also I did install the remote control app on the STB but that’s the only app that I see available.  The Remote App seems to half a** work, the Guide button and severall others will not work however.

So you're getting the STB to respond to some command but not others that are sent from you device?

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

Correct, but only from the Remote App, the Mobil App gives a warning that "You need at least one STB Device associated with your account for this to work"  paraphrasing obviously.

Edit:

Come to think of it I can't remember any of the controls working on the Remote App, it does however show the show title and channel # that your watching at the top of the virtual remote pad.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

What version Android is on your Nexus?  There numerous reports of issues with the apps on Android 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 on multiple platforms (Galaxy phones and tablets, Nook HD+ and the Nook Tablet, etc.) although they seem to work on Android 1.3.7 and 4.0.  

So you might want to check the user comments for the app in the Google Play Store and see if anyone else has the issues you're seeing.  Also suggest you send a very specific description of your issue to the app developer directly (to Verizon that is).  The email address is vz-android-support@one.verizon.com.  Add your issue to the mountain of problem reports they already have (and mostly ignore).  The fact that Verizon's app doesn't work on a Google hardware platform is interesting. 

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.  I don't have a Nexus -- I've been dealing with the issues on the Nook hardware.

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

It is 4.2.2 and yes all the comments at Google Play Store are claiming that is doesnt work either.  Thanks for the E-Mail Address though.

0 Likes