STB not responding to FIOS TV Central
ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all,

Sorry if this is dupeage but I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I just installed a new DVR which replaced a SD STB. I've actived remote DVR pn the box and FIOS TV central sees it but says that it is not resonding. I am unable to access the box from FIOS TV central.

The last time I activated a DVR it took a few days for it to respond but it's been about a week or more now.

Any ideas?

TIA.

0 Likes
Re: STB not responding to FIOS TV Central
prisaz
Legend

@ffrcoupe wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry if this is dupeage but I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I just installed a new DVR which replaced a SD STB. I've actived remote DVR pn the box and FIOS TV central sees it but says that it is not resonding. I am unable to access the box from FIOS TV central.

The last time I activated a DVR it took a few days for it to respond but it's been about a week or more now.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Contact tech support through the contact us link. If you select contact by phone, you may be able to get a chat session faster than a voice answer. If you have more than one DVR or have changed DVRs, they may need to do something on their side. Or perhaps they just need to activate the remote feature on thir end. Tech support should be able to contact the DVR, if they can not, remote DVR will not work, if they can, they should be able to resolve the issue.

On a second not FIOS in home agent software has been able to fix somethings without calling. Don't know if it would help in your situation.

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I just enabled my remote DVR last night.  I was told by a tech that after it is enabled you have to run the self diagnostic to see if the box connects to the network or whatever by verifying that "Listener 1 or 2" comes up.  You get there by going to menu - Help and Self Diagnostic and run the test.  I am still trying to get my second DVR remotely connected though.

ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Rick5472 wrote:

I just enabled my remote DVR last night.  I was told by a tech that after it is enabled you have to run the self diagnostic to see if the box connects to the network or whatever by verifying that "Listener 1 or 2" comes up.  You get there by going to menu - Help and Self Diagnostic and run the test.  I am still trying to get my second DVR remotely connected though.

That's a pretty helpful screen that I didn't know existed.

Thanks!

0 Likes