Re: STB now has idle power off
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Alchemist wrote:

I agree with the first complaint, a message comes up about an 'inactivity timer' and after a few minutes the screen goes to the Verizon page where one must press the menu button to get the picture.  This is aggravating to the point that I will cancel all FIOS 'service' if I can not get this rectified within the next two weeks.  9/28/2013

Did you miss the solution to the behavior?  I believe it's in this thread.

webdevii1
Enthusiast - Level 3

To poster that gave solution to set t to never

Yes You are absolutly correct, however I wonder if there is an option to change it when the timer is not displayed.  I can not seem to find that option.  only when the popup comes up asking to continue watching or to set inactivity timer. 

anyone know this info please post

Keep in mind to the one that wants to cancel service this is not a Bug or a Flaw but a feature since it is a feature dont blame Verizon for the inability to control it,  Learn it before you {word filter avoidance} about it.  No worries no harm meant, no disrespect meant. just getting a point across.

Thanks in advance

Dev

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@webdevii wrote:

To poster that gave solution to set t to never

Yes You are absolutly correct, however I wonder if there is an option to change it when the timer is not displayed.  I can not seem to find that option.  only when the popup comes up asking to continue watching or to set inactivity timer. 

anyone know this info please post

Keep in mind to the one that wants to cancel service this is not a Bug or a Flaw but a feature since it is a feature dont blame Verizon for the inability to control it,  Learn it before you {word filter avoidance} about it.  No worries no harm meant, no disrespect meant. just getting a point across.

Thanks in advance

Dev

Verizon is in the process of rolling out a new level of the IMG, 1.9.5. I have 1.9.5 so unfortunately I cannot specifically point out where the setting was in the previous level, but in 1.9.5 it is:

Menu ==> Settings ==> System ==> Set-Top Box ==> Sleep Timer

Choices are 2, 3, or 4 Hours, or Never

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Justin (and all),

In the same place in 1.9.4

0 Likes
webdevii1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Much appreciated !!

Thank you for the tip on that one,   know it is a pain and alot of users out there thought it was a bug and not a feature.  t would have been nice if Verizon had done a PSA on this because it gets downright annoying if you dont know about it.

Anyways to Justin and all the rest

Thank you mucho

Dev

0 Likes
tbftrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny how people jump on here and try to answer a question without knowing what new CRAP verizon pushed with their new set top boxes. AGREED, this is the biggest {word filter avoidance} they have done yet and it really is anoying at best. When they implemented it I had a BOX burn out because of it and had them send me a new one. THEN it continually shuts off with the stupid inactivity warning. STILL LOOKING FOR THE SETTING to change it to NEVER. Thanks Verizon for playing big brother and thinking you know whats best.

0 Likes
webdevii

The way you turn it off is this,

Next time the popup comes up usually in the lower right corner, instead of saying OK arrow down to the bottom option, and in there you will either have one more option or the 2, 4hrs or Never will be there.  Just arrow down to never.

That is all I did and it worked

The other way is the following

Press Menu on your remote then see below

Settings>System>Set Top Box>Sleep Timer

From there it will prolly be set to either 2 or 4 hours, set it to NEVER and yoru problem is solved.  this needs to be done on all STB's

Hope this helps

0 Likes
drivers72

Our system u have to do Menu>Settings>System>Media Server Settings>Auto Powe Off>None

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
ecedede
on my version, i also had to do menu/settings/system/media client settings/autopower off/none. Thanks for posting this! It has been annoying me for 2 months and even verizon tech support didnt have a good recommendation on how to disable it.
0 Likes
JennManzella

thank you!  that took care of the issue.

0 Likes