Switch Account

STB recieving intereference from other remotes in the house

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

STB recieving intereference from other remotes in the house

Message 1 of 3
(294 Views)

My set top boxes in the house recently upgraded themselves. Ever since, i'm having a problem where the set top box changes to channel 0 every time another remote is used. for example, the remote for my sound bar.... Basically, the box is recieiving a signal as if i am pressing the number 0 on the fios remote. Ive tried resetting the box several times and the problem still exists. Wondering if anyone else has been having this issue? im guessing it is a problem with the upgrade?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: STB recieving intereference from other remotes in the house

Message 2 of 3
(255 Views)

If you have a Cisco model STB, it is likely the software update that caused this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: STB recieving intereference from other remotes in the house

Message 3 of 3
(236 Views)

Update: spent about an hour online with tech support. Reset my boxes about ten times, but to no avail. Tech support was certain it was the boxes. Sent me a couple new one. Set them up, and low and behold..... The problem still exists. I am at my wits end

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.