STB resets constantly - screen goes green then box shuts off, resets
nghiz1

I have followed the self-help to reset the box, had the live chat guy reset the box, and tried everything suggested on these forums. I am paying a ton of money for a tv service that shuts off over and over again and resets the box, telling me to wait for "a minute" while it downloads. I can't get through a single television show. I tried to call Verizon by phone to get a service person, but wasted my time repeating misunderstood phrases back to a robot. 

Very frustrated. Any help? 

0 Likes
Re: STB resets constantly - screen goes green then box shuts off, resets
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you have really bad power, it sounds like a bad box.  Try the troubleshooting that Verizon told you about in their response.

0 Likes
tothepoint22
Enthusiast - Level 2

See other forum posts.  I believe this is not a hardware issue, but an update software issue which Verizon needs to acknowledge and correct.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tothepoint22 wrote:

See other forum posts.  I believe this is not a hardware issue, but an update software issue which Verizon needs to acknowledge and correct.

Which box are you seeing this on?  Only recent updates are to CISCO boxes and ARRIS boxes.    Arris boxes are not seeing such problems.  Lots of Cisco boxes are not  reporting this problem althout I see you reporting on one thread with some sort of shut down.

0 Likes