STB sticks on starting up after reset (displays --:--)
Zagadka
Heya, I reset a new STB. The box display just shows --:--, and the TV display shows "Starting Up... One Moment Please." I've left it at that screen for hours, reset, left it again, it never progresses, never displays the time, etc. Other STBs in the house work, my internet works, etc.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB sticks on starting up after reset (displays --:--)
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the dashes mean that the box is not getting a signal. Its going to be one of three things.

1. The coax to the stb is connected incorrectly or has a poor connection.  Make sure that the coax from the wall to the stb is connected to the "fios tv in" or "RF in" on the back of the stb. If this is correct. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to make sure you have a good connection

2. It could be that the coax is not connected to a Verizon broadcast. Has there been service in this location before? Was it connected to the Verizon system?

3. It could be a problem with the STB. You can test this by bringing this box to a known working location, or bring another working box to this location. If the problem follows the box, then it is the box. If it says in this location, its the wire.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: STB sticks on starting up after reset (displays --:--)
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the dashes mean that the box is not getting a signal. Its going to be one of three things.

1. The coax to the stb is connected incorrectly or has a poor connection.  Make sure that the coax from the wall to the stb is connected to the "fios tv in" or "RF in" on the back of the stb. If this is correct. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to make sure you have a good connection

2. It could be that the coax is not connected to a Verizon broadcast. Has there been service in this location before? Was it connected to the Verizon system?

3. It could be a problem with the STB. You can test this by bringing this box to a known working location, or bring another working box to this location. If the problem follows the box, then it is the box. If it says in this location, its the wire.

0 Likes