STB stopped responding to remote control
glennauve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, this redesign of the website completely sucks! Is the idea to make it as hard as possible to get into the forums and post questions? I spent the last half hour poking around until I finally stumbled here.

Anyway, my Motorola QIP7232 stopped responding to any remote control this evening. One minute it's working fine and the next it's not working at all.

The TV is an LG plasma. I also have a Sony home theater receiver. I can only change channels by using the up and down and OK buttons on the front of the stb. No way to access any menus or anything else. I tried unplugging the STB and plugging it back in to reset it but it didn't make any difference. I have had this TV for a couple of months and this problem just started tonight. I read some old threads talking about IR interference. So I tried unplugging the TV as was suggested there but it didn't make any difference.

FWIW I have also had some issues with the receiver not always responding to a remote either. The receiver is new as well. Newer than the TV.

0 Likes
Re: STB stopped responding to remote control
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you have multiple tv's, then grab a remote from another room, and bring it over and see if it does the same thing.  if it's a bad remote, then doing that will reveal that problem.

Also try a to bring a cable box from the other room to this room with your TV.  This will tell you if it's a cable box or remote control problem, and help you isolate what the problem actually is.

Before you do all that - try an stb auto fix,  On your FiOS Remote, press Menu, then select Customer Support, and click on Fix FiOS TV Issues.