STB upstairs suddenly suffering from tiling from recorded content from DVR downstairs
Ewiener1027

I've had an HD DVR downstairs recording content for a year, and suddenly the HD set top box upstairs has serious problems playing back any HD recorded content. The playback intermittently lags and breaks down into tiling, which is now happening so frequently, it's unwatchable.

I chatted with technical support, but they simply had me unplug and reconnect each STB and the router. None of this fixed the issue, so they scheduled a service appointment for this weekend.

Is it likely that there's something wrong with the STB upstairs? Am I going to be expected to pay for a service charge for faulty equipment?

0 Likes
Re: STB upstairs suddenly suffering from tiling from recorded content from DVR downstairs
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@Ewiener1027 wrote:

I've had an HD DVR downstairs recording content for a year, and suddenly the HD set top box upstairs has serious problems playing back any HD recorded content. The playback intermittently lags and breaks down into tiling, which is now happening so frequently, it's unwatchable.

I chatted with technical support, but they simply had me unplug and reconnect each STB and the router. None of this fixed the issue, so they scheduled a service appointment for this weekend.

Is it likely that there's something wrong with the STB upstairs? Am I going to be expected to pay for a service charge for faulty equipment?

Hey there, Ewiener1027!  For the record, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with the multi-room DVR.  As for where the issue is, it certainly can be with the STB upstairs (or downstairs for that matter).  Since you rent the Verizon equipment and do not own it, there is no charge for replacing/repairing said Verizon equipment.

However, there can be issues with the inside wiring as well.  That's where the "service charge" may come into play.  Depending on where and what the issue is, it's typical left to the field tech's discretion.  Because of this, we must quote "possible charges" for ANY service visit and we cannot possibly guaratnee whether or not you WILL or WILL NOT be charged.  Any charges you feel were eroneously given can be disputed with your local billing department.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes