Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

STB volume

dennybuck
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

STB volume

Message 1 of 3
(3,618 Views)

The volume on my STB is louder than regular tv through my antenna (easy for my wife) ,I have used the STB volume control but is still doesn't change the volume. I use the HDMI out and Im thinking the STB volume doesnt change that?

2 REPLIES 2
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: STB volume

Message 2 of 3
(3,613 Views)

well the fios signal is stronger than an over the air antenna, so it sounds like that may be normal.  What would be abnormal is if you couldn't control the volume of the STB and it was just constantly loud.    What you can do to check that is go into the menu by hitting the menu button, go down and choose settings, and then go to audio.   in the audio section you want to choose volume control and set it to variable.  after it being set to variable you can then go to set top box volume and control the volume.  

dennybuck
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: STB volume

Message 3 of 3
(3,594 Views)

tried that before variable or fixed the volume is always controlled by the TV. I can change the volume in the box but it doesnt change

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.