STB will not activate
kreitz1026

I find this satisfaction hard to believe. Now don't get me wrong I have Fios because when the product is working and you don't have to deal with "tech" support or incompetant people on the phone it's brilliant. Fastest, most reliable internet I can get w/out buying my own dedicated line. I have had billing issues similar to Lars before but my recent issue has been the move order, and lack of "help" from calling. So far between the wife and myself we have probably wasted about 4 hours on the phone with various people. The first time was trying to get the serviced moved. I called to see my options and to my surprise the move made me eligible for a "new contract," I was tired of paying what I was for less than I had and less then was available for new users so this actually kept me around. Thats where it all went down hill. The sales rep put me in for two orders one a move order to have the services "turned on at the new address" (which had multiple issues) and an order to pick up two new boxes (my current problem.) The move had issues because the moving out owners still had a pending move order and my services could not be started (this was a friday). The rep told me that it was a system glitch and that it should be updated by monday and to call back. But for now he would put the order in for the following thursday. Fair, and simple enough. I called monday and this is when I spent the first 2 hours arguing with a rep. I told them the situation and explained I just needed the services to be turned on at the new address. They insisted I needed a tech but could not tell me why. Apparently service calls are made but the problem isn't known until the tech gets there. That makes no sense to me at all but thats what the tech said. I told them repeatedly they just need to turn the services on. Finally my wife took the phone we were put on hold and when they came back low and behold we didn't need a tech, and services would be turned on w/in the hour. **bleep**, seriously two hours to get them to do something that simple? (I'm not satisfied with that.) Now the recent issue is from trying to get my final box activated. I picked them up at a local store, and they told me just to call when they got set up so they could activate them. The first box went smoothly but I didn't get the final box up until 2 weeks ago. When I got the first box activated, the tech said that when I did plug in the new box it should self activate, but it may not. It didn't, so I called tech support yesterday. 45 minutes of the rep trying to get me to program my remote, which I politley told her wasn't the issue and I got no where. I think she ordered a new box to be mailed to me or something. I told her it just needed to be turned on. (Would not listen, just went through some seriously retarded motions that I assume were prompted to here from a computer, as she had 0 clue anything about networking/troubleshooting/activation, maybe even technology.) After hanging up with her I attempted to call the store I got the boxes from. I learned a bit more from him and thought I might finally be on my way. He couldn't help though because due to the "move order" still being jacked in the system my account had a "lock" on it and he couldn't order/activate the box.Gave me the number to Elite retentions or something like that. I explained again to this guy, and he escalated the situation. After getting the serial number for the box and some otehr info he confirmed the move order was causing issues. Told me that a competant tech agent had the ticket was going to push the order through and that the box would self activate after the order went through. He was going to get off the phone as he didn't want me waiting anymore (I had been on hold for like 35 min with him) and that they would call me back when it was done. I never recieved a call and when I came home for the night the cable box was still not functioning. My wife tried to call this morning, and was pushed to tech support where they tried to have her do trouble shooting and push buttons etc. Which will not work because the box is not reciving a signal, it needs to be activated still!! It is seriously ridiculous that it is this difficult to deal with people, not to mention the 10 minutes you waste just trying to get to a person at the other end of the phone. Perhaps I am just a small percentage but satisfaction is not a word in my description of my FIOS service currently.

0 Likes
Re: STB will not activate
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: STB will not activate
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kreitz1026,

We haven't received any communication from you. Hopefully you were able to get resolution. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to make a new post.

Thank you,

-Josh S

0 Likes