Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

STB will not work with the remote after set has been off for awhile

Contributor
Contributor

STB will not work with the remote after set has been off for awhile

Message 1 of 2
(617 Views)

After my TV has been off for a while, I turn the TV on with the remote.  The TV comes on but the channels are locked on the STB and the remote will not change them.  In otherwords, I cannot change channels with the remote until I turn the STB off and then on. Then it seems to work.  The Verizon Tech was out at the house and changed my Modwem out to the newer one and the TV and the remote and STB worked fopr awhile and now its back to the same old junk.  Anyone got any answers.

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: STB will not work with the remote after set has been off for awhile

Message 2 of 2
(585 Views)

To fix the channel locking problem press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.