Re: Problem is universal
Justin46
Legend

@GailM wrote:

I might add, that at no time, during the 6 -8 phone calls I made to Verizon was it acknowledged that other people were having the same problem, or that they were working on a software fix. I was given the same advice as to the cables. I have had the problem with both types; it made no difference.

I don't understand what you are referring to by "1.7 img." Is this something that will be sent to the box?

The last person I spoke to was very snippy with me, telling me that it was because the NEW video card in the TV didn't have the most recent firmware. You say that this "fix" is being distributed. WHEN? I live in Pennsylvania.

Gail,

"I might add, that at no time, during the 6 -8 phone calls I made to Verizon was it acknowledged that other people were having the same problem, or that they were working on a software fix." There are numerous threads here and at other forums discussing this issue in detail. While I agree that the Verizon people you talk to on the phone should be aware of the issue, some aren't, and that's just life.

"I don't understand what you are referring to by "1.7 img." Is this something that will be sent to the box?" Yes. I started a thread here Tuesday morning of this week on this topic, the topic subject is "IMG 1.7 Experience." Please read it.

"You say that this "fix" is being distributed. WHEN? I live in Pennsylvania."  I said in the post you have quoted "The 1.7 level is being distributed nationally over the next month or so". That is the best info I have avaliable, if I had better info I would have posted it.

I hope you will stay with FiOS until your area gets the fix, I truely think it will help you. But I have no way to know for sure until you get it and use it in your specific environment.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes