Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Samsung BD1600 BluRay Problem Streaming Netflix

njgolfnutt
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung BD1600 BluRay Problem Streaming Netflix

Message 1 of 3
(8,220 Views)
Hello All - I'm having a problem getting my new Samsung BD1600 Blu Ray connecting to the internet. I connected the Blu Ray to the Fios router with a Cat5 cable. The Blu Ray tells me that the Gateway Ping failed. Without this connection I can't stream Netflix movies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Samsung BD1600 BluRay Problem Streaming Netflix

Message 2 of 3
(8,188 Views)

I'm not familiar with the Samsung BD1600, but I have setup a Sony BluRay with no problems.

Have you tried to set up the Samsung with a Static TCP/IP Address.  You can try the following which should be outside of  your DHCP and STB Usage:

IP: 192.168.1.200

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS: 192.168.1.1

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
EpsilonsDad
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung BD1600 BluRay Problem Streaming Netflix

Message 3 of 3
(7,401 Views)

So I searched for a while to try to solve this problem for my BD-P2550. I found the post below which suggested that 4 ports 8, 8771, 65467, 49794. Need to be open in the firewall of the router.

I created port forwards for the 4 ports, on both the tcp/udp protocols in each of the possible directions. Then attached the rule to the device and miracle of miracles it worked.

It would be nice if Samsung would publish the ports that need to be open, and if verizon would create a samsung/blueray profile as they have for most of the games.

Orginal post that put me on to the ports

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23622020-Samsung-Blu-Ray-Networing-issues

Link for setting up ports

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/Troubleshooting/PortForwarding/123868....

But this is dependent on the router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.