Samsung Blu-Ray BD1590 Network Connection
FiosBrian

I can noy get my Samsung Blu-ray BD-1590 to connect to FiOS using a hardwired Lan.  DHCP will not automatically pull a IP address, so I've had to go manual.  The Mac Address checks out, the IP address is now pulling, but the gateway PING still will not move forward.  I actually returned the first Blu-ray I had due to this problem, so I am sure it has something to do with my MR2142 Router.  I have been through so many settings on the router, and nothing.  I am trying to get the netflix to stream.  I have done the firmware upgrade on the blu-ray so I know it is fully up to date.

PLEASE, someone tell me what settings work for this.  I have tried many many IP addresses, and numerous DNS addresses.  Please don't tell me it needs to be set to auto, it does not work.  

Has anyone figured out the correct network settings?

Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Blu-Ray BD1590 Network Connection
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

For the initial connection there should be no special settings needed. At least on the routers side. Now once connected you may have to set up port forwarding for certain features to work, but the basic connections should be just plug and play.

Do you have a laptop computer. If so, try connecting it using the same cable and port to the router. If the laptop can connect but the BR will not. Then I would still suspect the BR. If not, then it may be a problem with the ethernet cable or the port on the router. DHCP connections should be basic for all networked devices.

0 Likes
FiosBrian

If you do a google search, you will see many people can not just "PLUG AND PLAY" their blu-ray players, many have to manually input IP addresses etc.  It is a common problem, yet no one has a solution posted for Fios.  Yes, I have tried my laptop on the same cable, and it works perfectly.   And as I said, the blu-ray is pulling an IP address, but the ROUTER is not allowing the information to go through.  (stops dead at the PING stage)   There has to be a setting on the Router which allows the blu-ray to get through.   Back in the day, I had a similar issue with a replay TV box, and you had to open a specific port on the router...

Any help from the Fios folks here?

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

Strange problem - my panasonic blue ray using a powerline adapter found the network right away and set up fine with noproblems maybe a samsung problem not fios connection

0 Likes