Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Quantum and have the same issue.

Does anyone haw older STB/DVR with the issue?

Trying to figure out if it is just Qunatum related or generally not working.

0 Likes
bxstargetter
The same issue is happening to me and Verizon charged me 40 dollars to to help me and couldn't fix the issue I don't know what is going on
0 Likes
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

My app does not work either. I am thinking that FIOS simply wants  folks to buy extra plans and/or sell extra bandwith, or Samsung's apps simply don't work. I think I am sorry now that I have bought those tvs. Does anyone know what to do with this issue?

@CRobGauth wrote:

I have Quantum and have the same issue.

Does anyone haw older STB/DVR with the issue?

Trying to figure out if it is just Qunatum related or generally not working.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes I also noted it has suddenly stopped working.  Hopefully temporary.  It was working back in September and when I previously  posted back in August.

0 Likes
marissabee

Same here, since last week.  "Detecting Network" never finishes.

All other apps on the TV work fine, network connectivity from the TV is good (Netflix, Pandora, etc)

Reset TV, reinstalled the app, tried ethernet/wifi, etc.  No change.  FiOS set top boxes in the house work fine, and curiously the FiOS app for android is able to stream just fine over the same network.

The app info says to contact ce-support@one.verizon.com so I will try there as well and post here if I get a reply.

0 Likes
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the email address, also! My APP doesn't work either and there have been no changes. Samsung did not respond and I am also writing Verizon as well.

0 Likes
jdc_va_usmc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent almost two hours on the computer and then phone with Samsung tech support last night, and once I got to Tier III support at Samsung, they immediately acknowledged that this is a known issue with the Verizon FIOS app, and they (Samsung) are pressing Verizon for a solution. 

Even though it is a known issue, the Tier III tech took about 40 minutes of his time to remotely access my Smart TV, reset the Smart Hub, ensure my firmware and software were up to date, checked all my network settings, reinstalled the Verizon app, and did some other tricks to try to get it to work. 

In the end, nothing worked to fix the Verizon FIOS app, still getting the "Detecting Network" error, although my Smart TV is nice and up to date now.  I was actually pleasantly surprised by the level of assistance provided by Samsung.

BOTTOM LINE, this is a VERIZON ISSUE, and we all need to keep pressing Verizon for a solution.

Noc1

Having the same problem as posted with my Samsung smart TV. Detecting network........

0 Likes
rburton12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same issue, hanging on detecting network.  Does not seem like anything is being done to correct.

0 Likes
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I tried to get a hold of Verizon as well. I tried the chat and the email as well. They appear to be unresponsive to our comments. Does anyone else have any ideas?

0 Likes