Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some Verizon people are looking at it.  Not sure they have any handle on the problem yet.  Especially as we have at least one person posting in another thread that it still is working for them.

0 Likes
rmsmokey29

The same thing happened to my TV i contacted samsung and they told me to contact verizon, I contact verizon and they tell me to contact samsung! I worked fine and all of a sudden it is stuck on Detecting network.

HELP!!!!!!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Post from dslreports forum.

A Samsung firmware update from early October causes this issue. It has to do with an authenticati n certificate.
Samsung and Verizon supposedly working on it...No ETA

0 Likes
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, thank you, for letting us know. I called Samsung as well and they are working on it, so I think that will cover all of us who are affected. As of yesterday, there was no fix, so am not sure when it will be done.

0 Likes
Ayesha523

I have the exact same issue.  I called Verizon and the technican has no idea that it is not working or why.  He told me to call Samsung.  So while it may be a known issue, it does not seem like they are trying to fix it.

0 Likes
psutrain

I just spoke to Samsung customer support and they are telling us to contact Verizon still.  So I don't think they are working on the issue if their support staff is still clueless.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is an update I got from Verizon:

yeah there is an issue with the app certificate and we're working to resolve the issue but there is no ETA at this time. We're using an older cert with the app that's not compatible with Samsung.

0 Likes
parthjp

I just want to add that my Samsung tv had the stock firmware, and the app still bugged out on me last week. I tried updating the firmware to the newest version, but that didn't fix it. Whatever they say, it's not the newest firmware that caused the issue.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its a CERTIFICATE problem.  Based on my own experiences with chaning or expiring certificates, Samsung has to give the updated certificate to Verizon.  Verizon has to integrate it and send a new version back to Samsung for distribution.  No ETA

0 Likes
Fatboy20041
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke to Samsung last night and the app has been pulled from the menu.  It was deleted from the Smart Hub and when I looked to download it again, it was missing.

0 Likes