Couple of comments:
1) I was able to update my TV using the online update feature (did not have to use USB). Try that.
2) Even after my update, I am still unable to load the FIOS APP as it is not shown when I search.
Actually, I saw it being removed from my other TV this morning when I turned it on to get the serial number for my chat with Samsun:-) Then I had a three hour chat with Samsung and they still triied to say the same thing and then pulled the warranty bit. I finally told them that I would sell my tvs and tell my daughter to return hers and if that did not work, I was going to contact my state's attorney general's office. In any event, they agreed to send me the USB for the 40" one and I am still not sure what will happen with the other one. I had to do one at a time:-) If anyone actually has the name of a real person within that company, let me know. I will write to them. What do you folks think?
Thanks for your comment here. I am not sure that will work unless one of you is more technically savy than I am:-) I downloaded the program for the little tv per their instructions and that file was corrupt. Then I read that if the USB is not placed correctly or used correctly re the TV, the whole "board" of the tv might go. I don't understand all the technology here, so if anyone else can help, that would be great.
12-02-2014 01:30 PM
I used to have the FIOS TV app installed on my Samsung UN50ES6900 (SmartHub) but noticed it is no longer available. I tried to reinstall but the app no longer is available. After troubleshooting with Samsung support I was informed that Verizon has removed the app for only select Samsung Smart TV models. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know of other alternatives to stream FIOS Mobile to the SmartTV (ie Chromecast)?
12-02-2014 03:15 PM - edited 12-02-2014 03:16 PM
Well, the good news is, I got my USB from Samsung, inserted it into my TV, followed the directions, and the upgrade worked. I am now at 2002.3. The upgrade seems to have fixed my Daily Burn app, which connects just fine now.
The bad news is, the Verizon FiOS app is still no where to be found.
So, my gym TV is back to being 50% useful. Some progress I guess, and I hope this is a good sign that things will get worked out with the FiOS app. Pretty sad when a (much smaller, I'm sure) company like Daily Burn can work with Samsung to get their issue fixed, but Verizon seemingly cannot.
The USB file is about 141 Mb. I have no way to host it, but if someone sends me an option, I can upload it somewhere.
My email response as of today.
So far this appears to be usless as a solution
Thank you for contacting Samsung. With reference to your email description, I understand that you are unable to find FIOS app in your TV model UN60D7000VFXZA. I will be glad to assist you.
The FIOS app might be deleted due to the following reasons:
1. The content provider will be releasing a new version of the app and has requested the old app to be removed.
2. The content provider is having a server issue and has requested the app be removed.
3. An update to Smart Hub has created an incompatibility with the content provider’s app and Samsung has removed the app until content provider can make an update.
4. An update to the content providers app has made it incompatible with the current version of Smart Hub.
Please perform the steps given below to isolate the issue:
1.Set the country code on your Smart Hub. Follow the below steps to set the country code:
To set your country code, follow these steps:
1. Open Smart Hub.
2. Aim your remote at the TV and press the following button in order. FFbutton(>>) 2 8 9 Rwbutton(<<).
3. A country code list will appear. Use the up and down arrows to select your desired country, and then press ENTER .
4. Smart Hub will reset and update the app list to reflect the selected country.
2. If the issue persists, please perform the steps in the given link to reset the Smart Hub. Performing a reset to Smart Hub will return Smart Hub back to original state. By returning Smart Hub to default state you will remove all downloaded app and reload the original apps that were came on the TV. After the reset, Smart Hub will need to reconnect with Samsung server this will also force all updates to be done to Smart Hub on the TV.
To perform a reset follow these steps.
1. Press the Smart Hub button on the remote to open the Smart Hub.
2. Press the Blue button on the remote to open the Settings menu
3. Use the ▲ or ▼ to select reset, and then press ENTER.
4. You may be asked for a Password, if you have not set the security code on the TV use the default code of 0000.
5. The reset of Smart Hub will be complete
6. Accept the general disclaimers and let Smart Hub load
3. If the issue persists, please check the firmware version of your TV. You can check for online firmware updates through Menu > Support > Software update > Update now. Please note that your TV should be connected to network before updating TV firmware. If the TV prompts for an update, you shall proceed with that.
4. If the firmware update is not successful through network, you shall update the firmware using the USB flash drive method. Before upgrading your TV firmware, I recommend you check the current firmware version on the TV. Using the TV's remote, follow Menu>>Support>>Contact Samsung to find the current firmware version on the TV. You will find it beside the Software version.
The latest firmware version available for your TV is 1027.1. If the current firmware version on the TV is older than ver. 1027.1, please upgrade the firmware.
You can download the firmware update for your TV by clicking on the link given below. It starts downloading automatically once you click the link. If you experience any issues opening the above link, you can copy on any browser.
Download the firmware file, unzip the file, copy it to an empty USB flash drive and insert it to the TV's USB port to perform the update. Please follow the link below to download the instructions on how to update the firmware on the TV using USB drive method.
It starts downloading automatically once you click the link. If you experience any issues opening the above link, you can copy on any browser.
5. If the issue still persists even after performing firmware update, please reset the TV back to factory settings. When you perform a Factory Reset, all your settings revert to factory defaults. These settings include all picture and sound settings, all channel menu settings including memorized channels, all clock and timer settings, and any other settings you made through the menu. In addition, if you had your TV professionally calibrated and the calibration was not done through the service menu, you will lose the calibration. Please click on the below link which consist of steps to perform factory reset.
6. If the issue persists, then there might be an issue with the particular FIOS app and you need to contact the FIOS support for further assistance.
If the issue still persists after performing the above steps, you can contact our remote management team using the below information.
Samsung has a Remote Management team who with your permission can remotely access your product; this allows us to quick and easily troubleshoot this issue for you. You can contact our remote support team by calling at 1-800-726-7864. he Remote Management team is available 9:00am to 12:00am Eastern Monday – Friday & 9:00am – 9:00pm Eastern Saturday and Sunday to assist you.
Click on the live chat link where it states “For Immediate assistance with a live agent, you can chat with us here” and provide either the customer reference ID or response ID listed at the top of our email response.
If you would wish to reply via email, please click on the “Click here” link shown below in the Content Feedback section at the bottom of the email where it states, “If you have additional inquiries related to your original email, please click here”
If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us at http://samsungsimulator.com/ for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products.
We have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern.
For Immediate assistance with a live agent,
you can chat with us
Samsung’s Social Media Team is available to assist with providing up-to-date information or answering
questions 9AM to 10PM EST (Mon – Fri).
Visit us on Facebook
Visit us on Twitter
For support by phone, you can reach us at 1-800-SAMSUNG
Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
Samsung Online Support
SAMSUNG Customer Support Center
After updating via the usb from a version 120 to 127 now at least the Verizon app does open but tells me but then unable to fetch data please exit and relaunch the app. I will have Fios service this week and post my results. I hope I helped others.